Gayo Pastoral Development Initiative (GPDI) was established in 2003.
It was legally registered with Ministry of Justice on November 21, 2003 and re-registered by new legislation of charities and societies agency on October 30, 2009 with number 0156 as Ethiopian Resident Charity.
To see prosperous and healthy pastoralist communities leading secure and peaceful life in a sustainable environment.
Work with the target community and other key stakeholders through partnership, conducting research and enhancing their capacities to overcome social and economical problems and enable them to become owners of the development initiatives.
To reduce exposure of target pastoral communities to vulnerability and improve their food and social securities.
- To build resilience capacity of pastoralist.
- To promote sustainable livelihood and alternative livelihood options.
- To promote full integrated community based rehabilitation in pastoralist areas.
- To enhance community managed water, sanitation and hygiene(WASH).
- To model pastoral-oriented basic education program.
- To promote networking and capacity building.
- General Assembly, the supreme body of the organization
- Board of directors
- Secretariat (leads day to day organization activities)